Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
Click here to return to the Vegetable Dishes-Vegetables page
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-1/2 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter(optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Return potatoes and reserved cooking liquid to saucepan; add butter, if desired, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, salt and ancho chile pepper. Mash potatoes until just blended and slightly chunky.