Ginger-Sesame Stir-Fry With Vegetables
Click here to return to the Entrées-Pork page
Recipe used with permission by the National Pork Board. For more information about pork, visit PorkBeInspired.com
- 12 ounces ham, cut into bite-size strips
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 16-oz package pepper stir-fry vegetables, frozen
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- For sauce, combine orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a large skillet or wok. Heat over medium high heat. Add broccoli and frozen peppers to skillet. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Remove vegetables from skillet. Add ham to skillet; cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through; push ham to edges of skillet.
- Stir sauce; add to center of skillet. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Return vegetables to skillet. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.