- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef chuck shoulder steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, such as Colavita® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Trim fat from beef steaks. Cut steaks lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- In ovenproof Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, bell pepper, onion and garlic (half at a time) and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Stir in rice, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- In 2-cup glass measure, add tomatoes and enough water to measure 2 cups; add to beef mixture. Bake in 350°F oven, tightly covered, 50 minutes or until beef and rice are tender.
- Remove from oven; stir in peas.